
Last night Keagan decided he wanted smores for a late dessert, so being the smart mom that I sometimes think I am, we roasted marshmallows over the back burner on the stove. We were having a great time, until Camden used his go-go-gadget arms to grab the burner with his fingers. I felt pretty smart then! We tried to run them under cold water but he wasn't havin it. I quickly put Keagan and Kaid in bed and tried to calm Cam down with "Otis" (watching barnyard) and a bag of ice. He just kept crying and shaking, it was the saddest thing! So I called my mom to ask for suggestions. She called her nurse friend and said we should go to the hospital. So, at 9:30 Cam and I finally made it. He fell asleep in the car and after being poked, prodded, etc, he never woke up! Blessings from Heaven!! The Dr. said he had second degree burns on his fingers and they had to remove the burnt area on his index finger to prevent infection. Sad!! He was a little angel! He woke up once in the parking lot and for a minute when we came in the house and then slept all night (thank you baby loratab!) Today he has said ouch twice, but other than that he acts as if everything is great! Moral of the story, don't roast marshmallows over the range at home!!
5 comments:
can I get one of those baby Lortabs for our trip to Texas Saturday? I'd give anything to have Lucy sleep through the whole thing. She's not as easy to travel with these days.
Richard just got home from Zimbabwe-I can't wait to see what mission life did for him.
oh sad!!!!!! That makes me feel so bad for Cam!!! and you're not a bad mom! Who knew you had Inspector Gadget for a son!!!!??? LUCK-EEEEE!!!!
Oh sad he can be my kindred!! I did something similar when I was about his same age- hence the lovely scar on my wrist!! At least you took him to the hospital, my mom did not! But I guess I will live! :)
Poor Cam! Why did no one tell me that this happened?!!
Poor kid! Hospital visits are the WORST!
Post a Comment