Wednesday, August 27, 2008

quilts for baby, first day of school, & fun at the museum

Ok, I finally finished making stuff for the baby. I probably should have started a little bit earlier, but really, who has much time to sew?? Anyway, this is Casen's baby carrier cover. Of course, as soon as I started this one I found different fabric that I love. I will have to make another one soon. (this is my attempt at copying the "pop star" bedding that babies R us sells)



This is Casen's baby quilt-- not my favorite and a little girly, but finished. I really had a hard time finding fabric to use for this. Not only is it not my favorite, but I accidently sewed right through my finger with the sewing machine while quilting it! FUN!! Luckily my husband yanked the big old needle for me. Yikes!


I do love the super soft back of the quilt!

Oh my goodness!!! When did my Keagan get old enough to go to school??? I think I was more excited about the big day than he was. This is Keagan just before we left with his first homework assignment. What a big kid!
Keagan and his new teacher answering the question of the day.

Notice all the kids in the background staring like deer in headlights, it was hilarious!!

After school we went to McDonalds to celebrate! Keagan has been asking for star wars toys at McDonalds for weeks. Apparently, he has decided that anything starwars makes you cool- oh goodness!!
Yesterday Grammy D came over and we headed to the Dino museum. So busy and crazy, but we had a blast!





My handsome little toothless Joe.


We can't just sit on the triceratops, we have to eat him???
Big thanks to Grammy D for coming all the way to play with us. We needed a fun day out before life revolves around little maniac #4! We can't wait!!

7 comments:

Mamie said...

I LOVE the carrier cover. How did you make that? Agh- I'm in the sewing stone age. If you do decide to make another one, I will happily buy this one from you.
Cute, cute photos. I can't believe how time flies.

hknight said...

first of all I love the carrier cover it is SO cute!

second of all, I remember when Tay and Keags were baby buddies. I still can't belive they're old enough to go to school!

Team 'Iloa said...

I love the car seat cover!!!! You are very talented!!!

Michelle said...

Wow. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the quilts and everything you made for Casen! You are seriously so talented! And thanks so much for the meal today! Good luck tomorrow with Casen coming! I think you'er amazing!!

Summer said...

Love the cover! I have a huge fear of sewing so when anyone does it, I have so much respect for them. And I like Mamie's idea: You should totally sell those! I'd buy 3!!!!

Janet said...

The ever talented Mary never ceases to amaze me!!! I love my car seat cover it has saved little Reesa from a few rainstorms already!! Thanks for being so dang awsome and making it for me! Oh and CONGRATULATIONS on Casen's safe arrival! Can't wait to see him! Love ya!

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

You are amazing. Your quilt and cover are so cute. Where were you when I had kids.