Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Family reunion camp-out

Kaiden was so excited about having his own candle as we celebrated Camden's birthday. I love the expression!
Really-- all I can say YUCK! Boys and camping equals gross! They had a blast rolling in dirt all day and who am I to deprive them of their fun? (but you know they got baths every night!!)

Grandpa Jim was so much fun, he let all the kids use his metal detector to find hidden coins and lots of burnt tin. They loved searching for treasure!

Every year there is so much for the kids to do. Thier favorites are Bingo, Crafts, and the annual pinata! Grandma Sandra even put together a treasure hunt for the boys where they got tonz of fun stuff as they visited each campsite. So much fun!!

Notice Cam's serious concentration as he empties globs of paint on his backpack. So intense!

Enjoying my family around a campfire is one of favorite things!

Keagan and Kaid both caught trout at Potter's Pond. They were so excited. After thier big catches, they were convinced that every tug was a fish. Kelly was great to be so patient and re-cast for them every few minutes :)




Kelly and I went on a walk by the stream where kelly caught plenty of these big bad monsters!

Kelly's extended family has been camping at this spot every year for 30 years now. We found this tree that his dad carved in 1986! In case you can't read it, it says Mike (his brother), Kelly, and Sam (his sister). I love that his family is so good about keeping up this tradition!

Kelly and I out on a 4 wheeler ride.

Camden being the youngest brother. Poor kid puts up with ALOT!

Cam came running full speed toward me and totally faceplanted! It was so funny!! (only because he was fine, of course) Poor guy totally ate it!

A quiet moment in the woods with Piper. So cute!

Kaiden was a little punch drunk at the end of a long day of fun!

5 comments:

lramey said...

oh- some of those pictures are priceless!!! I love it!!! how fun you are!

that video is HILARIOUS!! Onions? Never heard that before! I also heard chesterbuttons for, you know, the nipplies, yesterday- what a good day for new words!

Thanks for throwing yet another AWESOME birthday party! You're the cutest!!!!!!Even it there was a torrential downpour right in the middle of it- dang rain!

love you guys!

hknight said...

Looks like lots of dirty fun! I love the Pictures! Also, what were you thinking four wheeling? that's what put you in labor with Keagan!

Haynes Family said...

You took awesome pictures!! I love the video of Kaiden, so funny!! The joy on his face over that cupcake is priceless! I miss camping, we'll have to go next summer huh? I love you guys so much!!

Michelle said...

HA that's cute! you got some cute pics - I love the one kinda through the tall grass and the boys were fishing. So cute! Look like you had fun! I think you're awesome to have given them baths every night! And I love the video! Hilarious!

Shannon & Summer said...

What a great tradition! I can't believe that tree carving - that is crazy! How fun for all of you!