Monday, July 7, 2008

Pelvic problems...or poop??




Ok, so I can honestly say that I never would have guessed the Dr.'s suggested solution for Keagan's excruciating leg and hip pain... Miralax. What?? Keagan tripped over the soccer ball crazy and landed on his hip at a game way back in March. He limped for a while and complained that his hip and leg hurt for about a week. Ever since, he randomly complains about hip and leg problems on his right leg. Today it was especially bad and was begging to go to the dr. He even asked if they would have to cut his leg open, but still wanted to go. To me that meant he must have been hurting pretty bad and after two doses of Tylenol and a hot pack and a warm bath he was still crying about how much his hip hurt. So, at 8pm we headed over to insta care because he acted like he would never make it through the night. The dr. tested his hip flexability and then sent him over to get x rays. Keagan winced in pain as the nurse possioned his legs. When the Dr. finally had us look at the films, he said that his bones looked really good. He said sometimes the growth plates in kid's hips slide like the top of an icecream cone and that could hurt. But, his main concern was that Keagan was very constapated and needed to be treated. This would probably take away his hip pain. WHAT?? Not to be gross, but he is a very regular kid and has never complained about not being able to go to the bathroom. Apparently, the dr. was concerned with the amount of stool in his bowls and suggested that when he complains about hip pain, I should give him some miralax. Ok? Not exactly the prognosis that I had expected!! Hopefully it works :)



5 comments:

Shannon & Summer said...

That is pretty funny and crazy too! I am happy to hear that was the only problem though!

Haynes Family said...

Yes of course. If my kids ever complain about anything hurting I'm giving them Miralax too. :) Poor Keags.

Janet said...

That is funny- maybe you should get a second opinion......!

Lori said...

Maybe its a rash or something....(just kidding!) Ok, you started to tell me about this in the car and then never finished, that is crazy!!!! Poor kid! I hope that helps him, he and Avery!

Janet said...

So I just got speakers hooked up to our computer, and I can't tell you how much I loved clicking on to your blog to hear the song from Labrynth- YOU ROCK!!!