Saturday, June 28, 2008

Suburban camping

Ok, so we marked our calendars a few weeks ago to go camping Friday. The boys love it and summer seems to fly by, so we wanted to make sure we could go at least once. We packed up the camper and headed out only to find that not only were ALL of the maintained camp grounds full, but the dispersed camping was also full. Really, it is a MOUNTAIN, how is it possible that there isn't a single space that we could park the stinkin tent trailer!!! Anyway, we headed home with some dissappointed little guys and set up the tent trailer in the wilderness of the lot next door. We still had a great time and it was nice to run in the house to put dinner together. Keagan was talking to Kelly as they were finally going to sleep at 1am, and said, "Dad, it's wierd because my brain is telling me that we are camping even though we are at our house." Great! Mission accomplished!
To make up for the boys dissappointment, Kelly brought out the TV and let the boys watch a movie before going to bed. The TV wouldn't fit through the door of the camper, so they watched it through the window. They loved it!


See, wilderness right next door! Keagan and Camden went "on an adventure" together.

Really roughing it!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

That's so cute! You definitely could get some exploring done in our treacherous wilderness next door! I wish I could have been home to see you guys all camped out next to the driveway! You guys are awesome!

Michelle said...

Oh and I love the name you picked out for your new little bundle of joy! It fits perfectly! I can't believe you'll have another little boy in just 2 months!! You're seriously cool. Call me or some up sometime and we can hang out!

hknight said...

It really does look like the wilderness in the pictures! I'm glad that you guys had fun even though it wasn't quite what you had planned on!

Lori said...

wow, so how is it that I find out that you have picked a name from reading the comments on your blog? So, what is it? Anyway...Looks like you had a great time! That is my type of camping!

Haynes Family said...

What?? You've picked a name? What is it? I love the pictures, that's how I like to rough it too. You guys are great parents and your kids are so lucky to have such a fun mom and dad who can improvise so nicely!! I love you!!

Anonymous said...

I can never read one of your posts w/out cracking up. I'm so glad you never change. Miss you.

Janet said...

How cute are you guys??? I am with Lori here- I better be getting a phone call soon notifying me of the name of you baby!!! Sheesh!