Thursday, March 25, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa are going away on a mission...

So, today it is official!! My mom and dad will be leaving soon to serve in the Illinois, Nauvoo mission!!! I am so excited for them and hope we will be able to visit while they are there. I am so proud of my parents who continually serve (usually without even asking for the opportunity). Most couples put in mission papers, my parents are randomly called by random people. This time it was their good friends Dean and Kathy Hughes. They are such great examples and I love them so much and will miss them SO much! Thankfully, this will not be a long mission :) Way to go Mom and Dad!

4 comments:

Mamie said...

how exciting! how long is not long?

give them my love!

Summer said...

They will LOVE it there. I was so shocked how beautiful it was. Tell them good luck.

Kendra said...

Oh my goodness! That is wonderful! Hug them for me!

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

How cool and exciting for them.