Thursday, March 4, 2010

A beautiful day and a science fair

Yesterday was BEAUTIFUL!! We had to take advantage of the awesome weather and head over to the river to play. This is Casen's pose every time he is asked to say cheese.. I love him!
And Cheese again..
My Keagan and his new found favorite treat, the muddy buddy. He is in love!
So the river is a little low, and the result is loads of super gooey squishy mud. Little boy heaven.
Shortly after this shot was taken, Kaiden was sitting in the mud and quickly became a walking swamp monster. Unfortunately my camera died, but if you happened to drive past my house last night you would have seen lots of muddy handprints all over it as evidence. Awesome!
Boys, boys, boys...
This one is a bit intense, all the time!!
We quickly cleaned up and headed over to the school for the science fair. This is Kaiden with his "Rusty Nail" experiment.
And Keagan (and Casen) with his "Dirty Penny" experiment. Just now noticing that the s is backwards. No question that he put the board together by himself :) (after I cut out the letters on the Silhouette of course)
Hurray for Kaiden, he won first place for Kindergarten. They gave gift bags to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places for each grade with medals, a certificate, ribbon, t-shirt, and gift certificates to a couple local places. So proud of him. Next he goes to the district science fair. The big show :) Not that there were loads of Kindergartners, but at least 3 I guess.
The boys with their awards. Keagan the science guy was kinda bummed that he didn't place, but he still got a certificate and a ribbon. Happy kiddo.
Afterward we headed over to McDonalds (kids choice :( of course) for some celebratory happy meals. Way to go little scientists, even Cam made some crystals. Oh the joy of learning!

1 comment:

Haynes Family said...

Oh I better not show Jaeden these pics, she would be sad. She wanted so bad to do go to the science fair but we went to Mcd's instead that night. You guys did both AND your boys did a science project-- you are a way better mom. I love the muddy pics, I love how you let them be boys, your the best!!