A couple weeks ago my family and I threw a double shower for my cousins Kari, who is getting married next month and my cousin Kathryn who was expecting twin girls in July. My mom and I arrived at my grandma's house to set up and found out that Kathryn had been admited to the hospital the night before and would be missing the shower. I was so sad she would miss the shower, but hoped everything would be ok. She ended up having the girls that evening and they seem to be doing well! Here is my wonderful cousin opening a gift from my grandma.
We made the theme of the shower, "The family tree is growing" to include a marriage and babies, we went mostly with trees and birds. I am a sucker for cute birds and owls, in case you haven't noticed :)
The cake, which addie thuroughly enjoyed picking whoppers off of, she is adorable!
My first attempt at a diaper cake, this was so fun to make, I think I will have to make some more in the future.
back of the diaper cake
This is one of the carrier covers I made for Kathryn, (group gift from the ladies in my fam)
This is the other cover, again, sucker for birds!
Casen and my cute cousin Nikki's baby Hope. She is so cute and only 3 months old, but the same size as Casen who was 8 1/2, oh my little shrimp boat!
My beautiful cousins and beautiful sister lori
My beautiful and wonderful cousin Kari and I. Kari is marring the cutest guy next month and I am so happy for them!! Kari and I have always been close and even had the best friend necklaces when we were little, oh you know you had them too!! I am so excited for Kari, Steve, Kathryn and Rob and my Aunt and Uncle to get their first son-in-law and first grand babies. Thanks to everyone who came and everyone who helped out!




4 comments:
SO beyond cute as always! I want something with the owl on it! I love the bird and the owl they are just so cute! Good job on the cake too! Also love the family tree and goodie bags, you girlies are seriously very talented!
So cute Mary, you are so talented with sewing and your daiper cake. By the way that backpack was huge, can't believe that little boy carried it around all the time.
That backpack is the funniest thing I ever saw!!! What the crap are his parents thinking???
I am so in love with that owl and bird stuff! Guess I will have to wait in line behind Heather! ;0)
I am always so amazed at your creativity! You've got some serious skills Mary! The owl and bird are adorable!
Post a Comment