Saturday, November 1, 2008

Party, party, party halloween style

We started off the Halloween party times at the boys "library school" halloween party. Yeah, I'm a good mom and I don't have Kaiden in preschool right now, so library time is part of his feeling like he has a cool place to learn like Keagan. The party was awesome! There must have been about 75 kids all dressed up so cute. The kids had a blast and Casen was looking oh so chubbaliscious in his cow/dalmation hybrid outfit!



Princess Miss Sally was having a little trouble with her not so beautiful teeth, so the dentist came to save her and teach the kids about dental hygene during the hollidays. So cute! (The kids all got toothbrushes as one of the game centers too)

Kaiden rocked the beanbag toss! He threw the beanbags in the hole every time! Go Kaid!


On Thursday we headed over to the school district carnival. I couldn't believe how huge it was! The kids were so excited! Tickets were .50 ea (one ticket per booth) so we bought enough for the kids to play for a while, not a single booth asked for tickets. Nice, well at least we contributed to the school district right? :)

Camden and Kelly leaving the haunted house

Keags and Kaid getting off the huge shark bouncer slide.

Keags and Kaid rockin the cake walk, they only won smartie consolation prizes both times, but had lots of fun anyway.
Hurray! Finally it's halloween day! What better way to start the day than pumpkin pan-ko-pakes and green scrambled eggs! YUM YUM!




I was lucky enough to spend the day at the dentist making my week and a half grand total of dentist time 13.5 hours! Yeah crappy teeth! Huge thanks to my mom and lori for helping out so much with my kiddos!! Luckily I got home just in time to head over to lori's for a spooktacular halloween dinner! She made these super cute skull bread bowls complete with spagetti hair and bone chunk soup, and super cute chocolate covered marshmallow spiders. Keagan refused to eat for a long time, finally he confessed that he wasn't sure what it was and that's why he wasn't eating. i assured it was real food, and just potatoes, then he was ok. :)

For dessert, because you definetly need dessert before you go trick-or-treating right, I made martian treats. Yum yum!

After our fabulous dinner we got ready to head out when Keagan announced that he would not be wearing his costume! Great! This, we figured out, is the reason he was up half the night with nightmares. Yeah, I am a good mom buying super scary and disturbing costumes. Anyway, luckily Ethan was a super good sport and made a last minute switch for batman. Thank goodness for Ethan, he saved Halloween!
Kelly decided he would be a busted up BYU football player. Nice. Too bad my dad took all the football pads and helmets to the dump the day before. Oops. Still, it was pretty funny! He couldn't find a byu shirt, so he decided to make a stencil and spray paint byu on the shirt. It obviously didn't work, but we were all getting high from the paint fumes in his shirt. He opted for some white tape and just made a Y.

This is my last minute attempt at dressing up, and my sleepy little froggy


Here is Ethan in Keagan's costume. Can't imagine why Keagan was scared of it, can you??? It's just so cute ;)

Keagan as batman. Whoever made those bat ears is my hero!

The boys of Halloween. Kaiden kept taking off his blue mask because he didn't like how it kept getting spit in it. YUM! Too bad we didn't have a Michael Jackson costume for him.

Cam getting high on Daddy's shoulders

After some knocking doors, the kids were all done and we headed over to the ward trunk-or-treat. Did I mention this was the first halloween that I was actually sweating carrying my kids. It was wonderful!!
Someone in our ward brought the coolest haunted trailor. It was so funny to watch Camded realize there was a creepy little jason guy right in his face. I love halloween!

Some of our friends brought a cotton candy maker to the trunk-or-treat. Yeah for spun sugar! The kids were loving it!

We ate some yummy chili and corn bread and finally headed home

When we got home, Grammy Dee had a fun little scavenger hunt for the kiddos to do. Yeah for a fun week of sugar and costumes!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

4 comments:

lramey said...

oh mary! I haven't seen you FOREVER! let's plan a get together soon!!!

ok- where do I begin? Casen's dalmation costume is SOOOO adorable!! you guys had quite the day of festivities!!! how fun! keagan's costume will now give me nightmares- that's insane....he wanted that? well, for a minute he wanted it? love all your fantastically fabulous festive food for the day. you are the best/most fun mom!!!!!! the stuff Lori made was the best!!!! kelly looks way funny! keagan's ears are hilarious, and you look darling- as usual!!!

love you guys!

Haynes Family said...

In the second to last picture, I love how Camden is hypnotized by the candy. Also, I laughed so hard at the creepy Jason masked guy in Cam's face, that is funny! I don't know why Keagan was so creeped out by that costume. I can't wait to show my girls that picture. :) (mean mom) You have such a cute family, I love you all!!

Shannon & Summer said...

Wow! busy, busy, busy! lOoks so dang fun! I love how festive and invloved you are!
I love all the costumes - so dang cute!
Your Halloween pancakes made mine look pretty pathetic!!
We should plan a little breakfast up there at Chicks one of these days!

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Looks like a lot of fun. That would be a fun time at the carnival. Cute costumes