Friday, February 22, 2008

A quick but fun trip to Grandma's house


We headed up to Grandma's house Wednesday to drop off Guitar Hero to an excited Uncle Adam. While we were there we had lots of fun! I noticed that Addi and Cam were MIA, so I went searching only to find them in the middle of beauty parlor! Thats right, they were decorating themselves, (and a quilt) with Auntie Lori's new MAC make-up. YEAH! Addi was actually doing a pretty good job on herself. Most of the make-up pretty much went where it was supposed to go, but not so much for Camden! His ear was full of a mascera/ pink lip gloss mix. One of them had the bright idea of sticking the mascera wand into the new lip gloss tube. Needless to say, Auntie Lori was thrilled!




Issues 2008 at Wasatch High School was awesome!! Lori talked me into going, and i was so impressed. First of all, everything was free. They had a nursery for the babies and a big kid room for ages 5 and up. In the big kid room they did experiments, had a majician, and did jazzercise! Keagan and Kaitie had a blast! For the adults we listened to a great talk by Tina Marie about the negative effects of Hollywood on today's youth. She did a really good job helping kids to see how they can lead happy and safe lives if they ignore what Hollywood is shoving in thier faces. Lori and I went on to a class about using your right brain. The teacher was so good, crazy, but very informative and I learned a ton. Last was a class on understanding people based on their color (personality type). It was great, I haven't done the test, but from the class I guess myself to be a blue and yellow kind of person. Anyway, props to Heber!

This is Grandma entertaining the grandkids. She is amazing! I am so lucky to have grown up with such a fun, creative mom!! I walked into the apartment only to find her stringing red yarn around every door handle, chair leg, and just about everything in there to make "Lazer beams" Seriously! The boys had a blast darting in and out of the beams, and of course she was crawling around on the ground with them. Super fun idea! Go Grandma!!


3 comments:

Janet said...

I am confused, was that your house in the lazer beam picture? Did you get new furniture? Your mom is so cute an clever-love her!!

janet said...

The laser beam idea sounds like so much fun. I know my boys would love it. What a cute mom you have! and make up Cam's ear is too funny!

Haynes Family said...

Mom is the best! She is so creative all the time! I wish I would have been blessed with that gene. I can imagine your boys had so much fun!
And the mac makeup make overs, yikes. I would be less than happy too! The kids looked cute though! :)