Friday, August 28, 2009

My baby is one!!

I swear it seems like yesterday that my little casen was actually little, now he is all big and all boy! (This was today as he was crawling around being messy and just before he broke a big glass bowl, yeah!)
Since we are in transition, I couldn't really plan a party for the little guy, so I threw something together this afternoon. I saw this idea of decorating a table on parents magazine once and decided to improvise. Super fun and I made up what I was going to cut as I went. I think we will have to do this again, the kiddos loved it and made some cool aliens with the shapes after dinner.

I forgot to put the carrots on the orange flower petals, but oh well, one meal without veggies never hurt them before :)
The fam, Makell came over to celebrate with us too. Oh how we LOVE living close to Auntie Kellie!!!

After dinner it was off to the pool to cool off for a while. We are so happy to have a pool around the corner from us, oh so necessary here!!

So big!!
Even bigger
My cute little plastic faced child, pretending to be Casen all night.
Me and my baby
So close to walking, but not quite there. I am actually loving every minute of him being little!!
All bundled up now that the temp dropped to around 103, brrr!!
Keagan and Kaiden are so sweet to their baby
Back to the party, Kelly is sporting a super duper cool batman ring, so tough!
Even though we did a family party, the kiddos had to have some kind of party favors, right? I have lots of baby food jars so I spray painted the lids and filled them up with sugar, yum!!

Nothing better than watching a little baby tear into a birthday cake. It is my favorite!!
He was all over this one!! So cute!

Casen is pretty much in eternal love with his new ball, $1 at walmart, why do I ever spend money on birthday gifts for babies?
Oh how we love this little guy! He is such a sweet wonderful and well behaved baby, I feel so lucky to be his mom :) Love you Casers!!

11 comments:

hknight said...

Happy Happy Birthday Cason Dear! I just can't believe are baby's are already one:( Can we just stop time for a little bit? As always super mom... you did such a cute job! I love the table decorations and dinner! Way to go!

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Wow, 1 already. He is such a cutie. Mary you are so creative, I love the birthday ideas. Hope you are enjoying the little one because they grow up way too fast.

Mamie said...

every time I visit your blog I feel like the lamest mom.
Don't be surprised if, come October, you see copy cat photos from Rowan's 1st.
You are still my fave. I miss you so.

Lori said...

awww, I miss that little guy so much!! Where's the crappy weather? I guess your chances were much better in st. george, huh! Give him a great big hug and kiss from aunties!

Shannon & Summer said...

You are always doing THE cutest things ever! I love that table covering idea thing - so dang fun!
So, I have to say...what the heck is with moving to George and not even saying anything?! Holy cow!
We needed to atleast have a good bye get together of some kind!
Let us know when you are up here!

Christina said...

Wow my jaw literally dropped when I saw that he was one! Crazy! Cute little man, happy birthday to him!

Lindsey Simon said...

You are so creative! What a supermom!!

Ali said...

you are too cute with that table and the cake. awesome. where are you moving? why? good luck

Mandolyn said...

Happy Birthday Casen.... I am always amazed at your ingenuity Mary! What a fun birthday party!

Summer said...

I can't believe he's one already!!!! He's so cute!!! You and Kelly do a really good at making kids.

Janet said...

Yeah for the big cutie pie!!! Cutest party (of course) and I miss you ( a ton) come visit soon!!