Thursday, January 14, 2010

A super duper happy birthday to ME!

Have I ever mentioned that I have AMAZING friends and family?? Well, I do! This weekend was my birthday and I wasn't expecting to do anything. Kelly was out of town, and I had a blast last year so I was totally ok to just chill with the kiddos. Little did I know, there was MUCH fun to be had!Friday evening Janet and Heather just happened to show up at my house, 4 hours away from their houses, and took me out for the night. They had arranged my awesome sister Kellie to babysit my kiddos even. We went to a super delish dinner at Bajio and then headed to Dollar Tree for some superb shopping, as you can see...Sometimes Dollar Tree has super jumbo unders and incredible home decor...
After our hilarious shopping, they took me to see Leap Day, I think it was called, super cute, I loved it! Then back to my house to decorate. Wow! What an improvement!

Who needs Cultural Hall Home Decor when there is a Dollar Tree?
My little Casen is a little bit in love with Kellie. He loves her, and would not let her go home. Makellie, you are AWESOME!!
Post kiddos, Heather busted out the gift bags in true Heather fashion. Oh the fun that was to come!
First we got inked in our High Dollar bling, and busted out the red lippy can you say cool?

Representin' gangsta style!

and then came the most freaky facial masks ever to be made, I LOVE THEM!
Oh the tube socks, not so sure why this is sideways
Here we have Taylor Swift...
And the 85 year old woodchuck... Thank you Janet!
Sportin the pin curls
Janet and all her beauty
So, we laughed and played until 3am and then it was time for bed. I woke up to CRAZY little boys and tried to get everybody ready for church. Janet said they had to leave at 10 and our church starts at 9:30. I didn't want to go while they were still here, so I woke them up just before 10 and then finished getting ready for church and said goodbye. So sad. Little did I know the sneaky ladies would still be there when I got back with an entire Mexican Fiesta waiting for me!! Holy smokes. I walked in the kitchen to find Delish food everywhere, Mexican party decorations, and our traditional Spumoni Birthday Cake waiting for me. I couldn't help but get all teary. I can't believe how amazing my friends are!! Seriously! You cannot underestimate their sneakyness!
We played a little pin the tail on the donkey
Keagan is a cheater :)

and had delicious pina coladas and strawberry daqueries (sp?) virgin of course.
OH YUM! And the fajitas and homemade salsa, and guac, and rice, and beans, and legal cookies... it didn't end!!
Couldn't get any better!
Heather called my mom and asked her how to make this not easy cake. I was so excited and it was so yum!!
After dinner Kaid and Case did the dishes, so sweet. (Until Kaiden demanded payment of a quarter)
Saying goodbye to my wonderful friends, so hard. Could I be any luckier?
Then Martha had us over that evening after Kelly got home. Makell made a super awesome birthday cake #2 and Martha had lemon bars, yum! and rice crispy stars, also yum! She had a birthday banner, streamers, sparkling Cider, the whole party package! This really was the birthday that didn't end and I am SO grateful for all my fam and friends who sent gifts and birthday wishes to me. I am so thankful for everyone! I love you all!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Mamie said...

love it. I'm so glad you were well taken care of.

"never underestimate their sneakiness" hahaa

lramey said...

i am dying at how cute heather and janet were! i love that they pulled out a fiesta! wow. you are so blessed. those facemask pictures are awesome-oh the funnies!

love you Mar!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!! I wish I could have been there too! How fun! I need some of that cake! What is it exactly!?

Janet said...

Oh where to begin??? I want a repeat!! That was "the time of my life" (sing it) :) Hi dolla goodness fo sure! Oh how I love my Mary and the wonderful person that she is! I hope you loved every minute of that weekend (minus the crazies hehehe) cause you deserved it!

Janet said...

P.S and by 'crazies' I mean your delightfuly high energy boys and the few.....ok maybe a little more than few moments that they had due to new persons in our house over stimulation! :)

Mrs.Mayne said...

How sweet! Birthdays really aren't the same when you get older. It's a good thing you have such sweet friends.

Haynes Family said...

Happy Birthday Marzi Mae! Those Jason face masks were a bit scary! :) Love it though. You(we) do have wonderful friends and I'm so glad they came to celebrate with you! :)

Anonymous said...

ARE YOU SURE THE DRINKS WERE NON ALCOHOLIC???? You girls have way to much fun!!!
Happy birthday a little late!

Love ya,
Momma G (Sheree)